söndag 29 april 2012

The Jacket is Done

The jacket is halfway done and now it’s time to finish it up. 

Last time I put together the front and the back pieces and the cinch.

Now it’s time to close the side seams.




With the sides closed I do a single stitch. 




I have cut out my arms in two pieces for each arm, so I start with putting them together, the last 12cm I leave open so that I can do a slit. 






With the arms done I just have to attach them to the jacket.




Attaching the waistband with a stitch and turn



A thing that I've realized from the jackets I've done before was that I really missed a hanger. So I add one that I lock under the collar.


The collar on it's way.


With the cuff I do exactly ass the waistband, a stitch and turn. 


Now the jacket is almost done, it only needs a few more details.



A stitch to strengthen the stretch effect.








And here I've added the last details, the buttons and rivets.








As promised before I will explain the stretch effect and how it works.  


On the picture above the jacket is resting nicely on the body, and on the picture below you can se how the fabric grows when getting distressed. And this might come in handy when you do some work ore eat a whole cow or something.



More fitting picture will come up on the blog later on. And also a BIB project that I've already started on.

And if you wane to read more about the making of a jacket check out my girlfriend's BlueThimble blog, she's in the making of a really nice denim jacket with leather sleeves.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar